Kimberly Eckert, Registered Psychologist and founder of Eckert Psychology & Education Centre, has developed the Cognitive Coaching Method TM to provide individuals who have disabilities with the tools they need to find fulfillment in the social (home, school and community) and employment world. What’s more, the Cognitive Coaching Method TM can equip parents to skillfully deal with challenging behavior, foster decision-making skills and build independence in their child, while remaining a trusted mentor through their child’s life.
Using the Cognitive Coaching Method TM, highly skilled Cognitive Coaching Specialists deliver personalized programs in:
- Social Coaching – developing knowledge and practical skills to help your child understand and behave in accordance with social rules and convention, fostering opportunities for personal dignity and new friendships, and safeguarding your child against abuse.
- Academic Coaching – using the Take FLITE™ method to effectively address your child’s academic challenges by training new skills at the brain-level and putting into place missing academic strategies needed for educational success.
- Employment Coaching – providing support to the employer and the employee to ensure each person has a fair opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the workplace.
- Parent Coaching – offering an approach based on mutual respect and dignity, and assisting parents in developing specific plans and strategies to address the challenges present within their family when raising a child with a disability.
If you have a child with a disability in your family, call us.
Contact Eckert Psychology & Education through our Client Services Coordinator, Darlene, at 230-2959 ext 33 or email@example.com
Why access a coaching program at Eckert Centre?
- Includes consultation by psychologists with expertise in childhood disabilities and parenting
- Delivered by Cognitive Coaching Specialists with specific training in the area of disabilities
- Individually designed to meet the goals and needs unique to your family
- We join our clients in their home, school or community where challenges are faced to ensure skills actually transfer to real life
Why choose the Cognitive Coaching Method TM?
- Specialized teaching techniques
- Founded on belief of respect and dignity for all
- Supports the philosophy of an inclusive society
- Builds success by ensuring step by step skill development
- Gradually fades support as increased skills are achieved for greater independence