The Number Worlds curriculum by Sharon Griffin is the most renowned, evidence based math intervention program currently available. Number Worlds focuses on helping students who are one or more grade levels behind in elementary mathematics. This program provides individualized instruction, builds foundational skills and concepts, and makes learning fun. Lessons are comprised of engaging activities that introduce the math topic with fun games and manipulatives, a worksheet, and reflection prompts. The student’s progress is monitored through chapter tests and unit tests. Homework is recommended to occur for 0.5 hours three times a week (at minimum) for skills to solidify and generalize across learning environments.
Each student will move through the curriculum at their own pace and at the end of each semester, decisions are made with parents whether the student requires ongoing support into the next semester. Ongoing consultation with a psychologist and regular progress reports are also included in the programming.
To book your child with an Academic Coach contact Eckert Psychology & Education Centre through our Client Services Coordinator, Darlene, at 230-2959 ext 33 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Number Worlds at Eckert Psychology & Education Centre:
- Is supported by Educational Psychologists with expertise in math learning challenges
- Is provided by skilled trainers with background education and specific training in math development
- Presents activities in an enjoyable manner that helps students remain motivated throughout the program
- Is fine-tuned in its delivery to meet your child’s unique learning needs as they come to light during training
- The most renowned, evidence based math intervention progra currently available
- For children that are one or more grade levels behind in elementary mathematics
- Provides individualized instruction, builds foundational skills and concepts in math
- Engages students in math topics with fun games and manipulatives